Monday, September 17, 2018

Time Flew In Church Last Week...


So, the past couple of weeks have been a blur. We closed at show at the beginning of the month. The next week I attended all three days of the FanX comic convention--basically I stood around for 12 + hours a day for three days. Not to be outdone, the following week I started my p/t gig at Lagoon's Frightmares, in addition to driving my daughter around as she and her fellow cast members learned an entirely new show in five days. And to top things off, I did a book signing on Saturday in between working Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at Lagoon.

It's been quite a month.

Which brings me to attending Sunday services over the weekend.

I only attended the first hour (because I had to go to work...), but I must say, that first hour flew by. There was nothing special about the meeting. It was your basic LDS Sacrament meeting with ward business, the administering of the Sacrament, songs, prayers, and speakers.

So, why did the meeting go by so quickly?

Basically, because I slept through half of it.


After the Sacrament was administered, we had a youth speaker, a charming boy, and he started hot--funny stuff, good jokes.

The next thing I heard was music playing. It was the rest hymn. That meant I missed most of the youth's speaker's talk and then the entirely of the second speaker. After the rest hymn, a neighbor sitting by us asked if I was okay, if I needed anything.

"More sleep," was my response.

I'm hoping that next week I won't be as tired. We'll be three weeks separated from the show ending, two weeks separated from FanX, and a week separated from starting another show and doing a book signing. Of course, who knows what the future will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment