Sunday, September 30, 2018

Sometimes...A Picture Turns Out, Well...Almost Perfect


I take a lot of pictures. Thanks to digital photography and almost free memory, taking a lot of pictures is something I couldn't imagine even twenty years ago. I know others who take many more pictures that I do, but I have over 26K photos in my photo library. 

And this is from taking pictures for the last ten years or so.

When you take a lot of pictures (and because they're opposition in all things...) you get both the good and the bad. You get some great shots and some stinkers. I try to showcase some of the good ones. With my "Pic Of The Day" selections I choose photographs I find interesting, shots that will evoke an emotion, or leave an impression. Sunsets work great for that and fortunately, I live in a spot where the sunsets can be gorgeous.


Last Sunday I took a couple of photographs while at church and I used the better of the two (in my opinion...) for my "Pic Of The Day" for that day. The other picture was okay, but I didn't like it as much. I've gone back and looked at the picture I used several times in the past week and I just love it. I love the composition, even though I'm not an expert in the composition of photographs. I love the lighting. I love the building where the photo was taken. I love the position of the boy on the bench (as well as the boy...), even though it doesn't look like the most comfortable position for a person on a bench.

This picture's not going to win any awards, even if I entered it in a contest. It's one of literally thousands I've posted. I posted a new picture tonight--it's on this blog post. Depending on when you see this blog post, the photo I used today may be long gone and replaced by another picture. But buried in all those 26K photos, there's some that I like more than others.

The one I used last Sunday, the one of my son kicking back on a bench in our church foyer is one of my favorites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment