Saturday, September 8, 2018

So..I Guess I Was On "Deep Space Nine"


Tonight my daughter and I dropped in on a cast party for a show we closed last week. I had just wrapped up another fantastic comic convention in Salt Lake. It was wonderful seeing our friends again. We were able to kick back and just talk, something we didn't have a lot of time to do during the run of the show.

Our host, the Major General in our cast, struck up a conversation with me about Star Trek. He's a huge fan of the series as well as the movies and he told me stories about meeting various actors and writers at different conventions he's attended. He then turned to me and said, "Oh, I just watched the episode of Deep Space Nine that you were in."

"Excuse me?"

He repeated what he just said. I then asked for clarification.


We moved the conversation into the front room where he turned on his TV, pulled up Netflix, and found the show, Season 4, Episode 23 titled, The Quickening.

As he searched I wondered just how much this actor looked like me. I mean, I'm bald--have been for decades. I wondered if maybe that was the deciding factor. We kind of all look a like in that way.


"Here it is," Dave said and he found the part in the show where the actor came into view. Turns out, Dave was right--there is a resemblance. After some searching, I found out the actor's name is Dylan Haggerty, born 1969 in Olympia Washington. According to the IMBd website, Dylan did a lot projects including some big-budget films. His most recent project was in 2015. I don't know if he's still acting.

It was fun to see someone that looks like me on screen. There's one thing that I can almost guarantee, though. I'm sure no one has ever said to Dylan, "Hey--I saw you as a Pirate/Cop in the Centrpoint Legacy Theatre's 2018 production of, The Pirates of Penzance." Too bad--I heard he was quite good. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment