Saturday, May 22, 2021

Changes Happen...Those Two Will Be Missed At Immortal Works

 


Immortal Works is an amazing and wonderful organization. I've been involved with them in one form or another almost since its inception. I knew the people who created the publication company before they decided to start the business. Then, they decided to publish my first novel, Chaser...one of their first books.

But, things change...

Not the organization, per se, but in some of the people who run the show, who I've worked with, who I admire. Two people are leaving their jobs with the company. I know they'll be replaced and the new people will most likely do an incredible job, but the two that are leaving did such a great job, it's going to be a little strange.

Working for a small start-up is tough. You're a small fish in an ocean, and you have to fight for each sale, each contact, each impression. You're definitely paddling against the tide. But, looking back at the amount of work these two did, it puts into perspective just how hard those jobs are.

In the time they worked for the company, the numbers of books sold, of social media reaches, and the reputation of the company as a whole has greatly increased. Also, the quality of the stories, the diversity of the genres, the talents of the authors improved as well. It's staggering to see where this little publishing company was before these two employees started and where it is now.

I can't be alone thinking they won't be missed. I know each wants to focus on other things--writing projects, family. These are noble pursuits. But so is the work they did with the company. I wish them well, and I thank them for all that hard work they've done.

2 comments:

  1. And then you don't actually mention who's leaving? Oh, you mysterious types...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if those leaving have announced it publicly yet...

      Delete