Saturday, May 1, 2021

The Writing Retreat That Was...


 I survived the week. I didn't write everyday--today, we put in half our sprinkling system, though I could do a little writing tonight. I did not write 50k words, like Husberg (the guy's a machine...), or even 28k like Ritchey (another machine...), or the many many pages produced by the grand marshal Butler himself.

Mine was more modest output.

I was in the 5-6k rang.

When it comes to word count, maybe size doesn't always matter.

I had several first with this writing retreat. I--for the most part--finished a story that I have tried to finish at least two times in the past, at two previous writing retreats. The story contained three storylines told by three main characters. I've never done that before. And I wrote a battle scene involving werepigs (sort of like werewolves, but with pigs...).

I've got to clean it up, tie up some loose ends.

I've had a good couple of months, writing-wise. And I had a good writing retreat week, writing-wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment