Thursday, May 13, 2021

Yes...It's A Daunting Task


 Tomorrow, it's going to get crazy around here. At 8am a truck will roll up our street pulling a tractor--a small tractor--but a tractor none the less. There will also be two dump trucks hauling top soil that will be left on the street in front of our house.

Then, the fun begins.

It'll also be a day of firsts. It's the first time we rented a machine to help with the yard work. Years ago I did some work on a backhoe putting in roads on an excavation crew. The tractor is substantially smaller than the backhoe but I didn't have to worry about running over sprinkler heads or breaking open a water main back then. I will tomorrow.

I've got to say, it's a little daunting just thinking about it.

We rented the tractor for eight hours. I have no idea how much we can get done in eight hours. We have dozens (or more...) rocks to move. I have no idea if that will be an easy task or not. I guess I need to just calm down, get a good night's sleep, and get it out of my mind. I mean, tomorrow's coming, so is the tractor and the dirt. There will be a learning curve, but hopefully, it won't be steep. 

These are the "before" shots of our back yard. Hopefully, the landscape will look different soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment