Friday, May 21, 2021

Man...They Work Hard


 My wife and I went out for Date Night a few hours ago. We decided to go to the closest restaurant to our house and pick up dinner. We waited in line. We ordered, then we sat down and waited while three employees prepared our dinners.

Man...they work hard.

Not only did they have several waiting in line for their food, but the establishment also has a drive-thru option...something I did not know about (next time I think we'll use that so we don't have to get out of our van in a rainstorm...). I watched those three employees putting together meals as fast as they could. If you live in an area like mine, you probably see "Help Wanted' signs on almost every restaurant and fast food place nowadays. Truth be told--I wouldn't want that job.

I know that many of these fast food jobs are starter jobs, places where people can get an appreciation for hard work, to manage money, and to learn that not all jobs are the same--maybe you can find a career you not only like, but can excel in. These jobs are important and they play a role in our society.

My wife and I worked hard today...hard manual labor/moving rocks/shoveling dirt/pulling weeds work. We're putting in our yard and we've got one week until the grass shows up. We have to be ready. Tomorrow we'll probably do the same thing. Both my wife and I were tuckered out as we sat and watched these employees make our dinners.

"That's hard work," I told my wife. She agreed. Tonight, I'm so glad people are willing and able to do those jobs--especially tonight...the food was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment