Friday, May 28, 2021

Remembering The Small Things...


 We were only there a few minutes, but man...it felt good to be back. Immortal Works, a publisher to whom I owe so much, sponsored a homeschool conference this week. I was scheduled to sign books tonight (Friday...) but we had sod coming this afternoon so I was re-scheduled to sign on Thursday afternoon.

Haven't had the chance to do that in over a year.

Since 2013 I've attended at least a couple of conventions a year and been able to sign books at those events. Part of the fun of attending is hanging out with fellow authors, swapping stories, and just having a good time. Sometimes, it got boring--I'm not going to lie, and sometimes you tried and tried for hours on end to sell a book and it didn't happen, but there's a feeling you get when you pick up a pen and a book that you wrote and sign your name.

Those are the some of the small things you remember, and things you miss as an author, at least, they are for me.

Even though we didn't stay as long as we expected (because other vendors began shutting down for the day not long after we arrived...), the short time we were there...was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment