Monday, May 17, 2021

Sometimes...Time Stands Still


I did a little surfing today on social media today. I was reminded of a picture I took in the past. When I saw the picture today and especially when I saw the date when I took the picture, it kind of shocked me. The picture I took seven years ago, but--in my opinion--it could have been taken yesterday. Just for comparison, I did take a picture of my daughter on her twenty-first birthday last month.


Two pictures separated by seven years.

Time appears to be standing still.

Another group of photos illustrated my point, but to a lesser degree. This time, it's me that's the subject of two photos. I opened up an e-mail account I had not accessed in years, my student e-mail account at Weber State University. When I went to "settings" there was a picture of me. Once again, I was taken back a little. This picture was used on my student I.D. card when I started graduate school...


In 2007.


The difference between my two pictures is fourteen years so there's more of a difference. I'll bet, though, if I take a picture of my daughter seven years from now, she'll most likely look almost exactly the same.

Time, of course, will tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment