Wednesday, May 5, 2021

So Next Time People Ask, "Is That Your Photo The News Posted On Instagram?" I Can Say...Yup

Having a somewhat popular name comes with the potential for interesting experiences. Years ago someone with my name was hit by a car that his wife was driving while they were both drunk and arguing (it didn't help that man with my name lived in the same town as me...).

Not always are the stories so extreme. With the advent of social media, if a person with my name posts something, it has the potential to be seen by billions of people. Take, for example, Scott Taylor, the photographer. Yes, there are a lot of Scott Taylor photographers out there including me, but there's one specific photographer from the Salt Lake area and he's amazing. His shots are so amazing, so much so, that many are picked up by the local news media. I hope it's okay to post here, but if you're interested in seeing some of these pictures on his Instagram account, you can see them by clicking: HERE.

Every once in a while I'll get a message from a friend--a friend who knows I dabble in photography--and they'll ask me if the beautiful photo they saw on the news or online was mine.

In the past, I've always said, "No."

But...maybe I don't have to say that now.

At least, for one photo I took.

Earlier, I posted a photo looking east in the early evening after a storm. I think it turned out great, so great I decided to submit it to a local TV station's website. Turns out, someone at the station liked it and posted it on their website and Instagram account.

I don't submit many photos and I don't see that changing any time soon. Still, for once, if anyone asks me if that photo taken by a Scott Taylor was mine, I can say, "Yup."

No comments:

Post a Comment