Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Man...I've Missed Seeing This


 Sunday afternoon. I was chilling, doing a little web surfing, when I came across people on social media talking about Phil.

That meant Phil Mickelson.

I knew the PGA Championship was on, but I wasn't into it. I hadn't followed any of the previous days's action. Plus, Tony Finau wasn't in the running to win so I wasn't paying attention. Still, the Phil posts kept coming. I like Phil...we have something in common--we both golf left-handed (which is about it...) And, he seems like a good guy, at least, to the casual golf fan.

I pulled up the end of the tournament.

It was glorious.

And I saw something I'd missed.

Phil basically had the win buttoned up. Unless he triple-bogied the last hole, it was his. Though his final shots were great, what was amazing was the crowd. I could almost feel their excitement, their joy of being there, watching history, and also being part of that history.

I've missed seeing people smile. 

We've not had a lot to smile about lately. Hate seems to be what we're supposed to be feeling. Humans are best when they don't hate, when they're not told to hate, when they're not forced to hate. I saw a happy golfer and I saw throngs of happy people watching a game of golf.

I hope I see more smiles...the world's better when we smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment