Thursday, October 7, 2021

Back To Beautiful Mornings...


 Twice a year, because of my work schedule, and how our house is situated on the lot, and how the mountain ridge to the east is shaped, and how the earth tilts on its axis, I get the opportunity to catch amazing sunrises.

Of course, I could catch every sunrise if I didn't like sleeping in. But, this time of year in autumn and its sibling time of year in the spring, I get to sit in my office chair and watch the sun crest the mountain top officially signaling a new day dawn.

These pictures by no means represent the best of what I've seen, and like I have stated many times on this blog, almost all pictures of sunrises and sunsets I post do not do the awesomeness of what I see justice. Last week I snapped a couple of pictures as the colors began to form.

Sunrises are a fairly new experience for me as far as appreciating them. Most of my life I lived at the base of a mountain, so I missed out on what many in the valley saw each morning. The sunsets where I used to live, on the other hand...they were spectacular. Here, because of how the house is located in the subdivision, we don't get the wonderful opportunities to see the sunsets like we once did.

So, I get to enjoy sunrises while at work. That's a great deal, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment