Saturday, October 2, 2021

Feeling Normal...


 We live in interesting times. Say what you want about life in 2020 and beyond, they are--in a word--interesting. Case in point...having my temperature taken.

I have been sheltered from most of the many things other people have had to deal with for the past eighteen months. Before covid, I was happily working at home and we didn't do a lot of extracurricular activities. Or, in other words, we didn't get out much. Sure, I'd do a convention or work a second job or even be in a play now and again. Many times, when participating in those activities, when a person was sick, they would made a determination on whether or not they were "too sick" to go to work or a convention or when in a play.

Boy, have times changed.

Last year, my seasonal gig during Halloween was canceled...bummer. Other shows kept on, but not mine. Also, the convention in which I help organize and run was canceled...bummer, again. Plus, many theaters simply closed down and so I wasn't in a play. 

This year, I haven't done a play, but I did go to FanX and Seance at Lagoon's Frightmares started up again. It seems, just saying you're not sick or if you are sick, you're well enough to work is no longer good enough. You have to have proof. 

I've had my temperature taken--and taken my own temperature--more this past month than I have in the past decade. And even with all these precautions, illness still finds a way. We are never 100% safe...something we should always remember.

These of course, are mild inconveniences. Making sure I'm not running a fever is a small price to pay to work and to attend a convention. I wonder if this is the way it will always be from here out.

Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment