Saturday, October 30, 2021

Might As Well Let Them Know Who We Are...


 Before I left for my weekend gig, I spotted the un-carved pumpkin and wondered what I could transform it into before I had to go.

What to carve...?

For years we've amassed a large library of carve-able patterns...so many good ones to choose from. I could have picked one of those impressive pictures, but I went another direction. I decided to let everyone in the neighborhood know who we were.

Let's go back to one year ago. We were new to the neighborhood. We knew no one, and no one knew us. We set up a candy cannon to practice social distancing and to hopefully bring a little fun to the whole "trick-or-treat" experience. It was, in a word, a success.


Fast forward to this year, I still feel like we're unknown. We have met more people than we knew last year, but it's still weird living in a neighborhood where we still don't know a majority of those who live around us. Hopefully, this year's pumpkin will help.

I love Halloween and I'm sad that it's almost over, but at least we're letting everyone know who we are...

And who is launching candy at their children from from atop the driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment