Sunday, October 17, 2021

Give Thanks...For Work


I just finished a long weekend...a very long weekend. I worked my regular job, then did my weekend gig. Because of fall break, my weekend gig lasted four days instead of three. We just walked in the house from our last shift and I'm tired...

Very tired.

But, I'm also something else...

Grateful for work.

Even though "work" is more difficult as I get older, both physically and mentally, work is what allows me to provide food, shelter, and clothing for my family. It also allows me to interact with others and make the world a better place. At least, I hope so.

There's opposition in all things. And because of this, there's a time to play, and a time to work. I'm grateful for work...

Of course, I hope to enjoy retirement, too, even though I'm sure I'll need to do something some would call "work."

No comments:

Post a Comment