Thursday, October 28, 2021

For The Beauty Of The...Field

  

 Where we used to live, we had a mountain in our back yard...a real, live mountain complete with hiking trails, animal dens, even an abandoned mining cave or two. People would travel from all over to hike the trails and see the valley from only the perspective those trails would provide.

We no longer live on the mountain. We now live on a hill. The mountain was east of our house. The hill is north. But, there's something next to our new house that wasn't close to the old one...an empty field.

But, it's not empty.

It's actually full of many amazing things.

And I've  spent a lot of time walking around that field.

I've taken a lot of pictures, too...which  really surprises me.

I've mostly walked back and forth in the field for health reasons. It's also a great place to listen to podcasts. Lately, I've found myself listening to one particular podcast,  The No Sleep Podcast as I walk. The timing of the podcast makes it especially good for a late afternoon wander. Looking back, however, I've noticed many of my pictures from the field have turned out pretty good. Here are just a few.

There are other places to go for a walk in the neighborhood, along streets and sidewalks. Maybe when it gets cold and more importantly, it gets wet from rain and snow, I'll probably stick to the road and sidewalks, but until then, I'll see if I can't stay in the field and continue to see all the beauty that resides therein. 

No comments:

Post a Comment