Tuesday, October 5, 2021

The Problem...It Works TOO Good


 When I started my seasonal gig this fall, I noticed many employees hauling around these large metal water bottles. I also noticed these bottle for sale at the employee's kitchen. I thought maybe I ought to pick me up one. It wasn't too expensive--in fact--it was quite reasonable.

I noticed a co-worker had one. I asked him if he liked it. You know, doing some research. He liked his. I asked if it was worth the price, and since he said he was given his for free, it was well worth the price. Even though they were a good deal, I decided against picking up one. 

Then, I got a message from the same co-worker that he had received an extra bottle and wondered if I would like it.

I did.

It's fantastic.

In fact, there is a problem with this item...

It works too good.

Each evening before I go to bed, I fill up a large cup with ice and water and put it in the fridge. I do this so I don't have to wake up my family when I clock in at 6:30am by the sound of the fridge's ice machine cranking out the ice. I get up, grab the mug out of the refrigerator and go to work. After receiving the metal water bottle from my friend, I decided to give it a try. I filled it halfway with ice (as I did with the mug...) and added water. 

I took it to work in the morning and during the day began enjoying the ice-cold water. The problem was the ice didn't melt...I mean, at all. With my mug, the ice would melt throughout the day and so when the water was gone, the ice would be gone, too. With the new bottle...nope. The ice would not melt.

It's really not a big deal--just add less ice. And having a product work too good is not really a problem, just impressed I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment