Thursday, October 21, 2021

Sick Of Santa...


 Last week my wife and I went on a little shopping trip to check out Christmas decorations. We saw everything from little figurines you put on your porch or in a window to gigantic blow-up statues that will surely overwhelm all of your neighbor's Christmas displays making sure your house is the "most festive."

That's where I spotted Santa.

Santa was huge...some might say life-sized. On the ground between Santa's feet was a button...just step on the button and Santa comes alive. Acting a little silly, I decided to see if I could take a Pic Of The Day and maybe get a video out of it.

The picture and video I captured isn't anything special, but the conversation we had with a couple of store employees I found the most interesting.

They were sick of Santa...

And they let us know.

In order to get my pictures and video, I had to step on that button a few times. The programmed message didn't last long, but long enough that if you had to listen to the same message over and over and over and over again all shift long, you'd get a little sick of Santa, too. The workers at the store said that at least (so far...) the placement of Santa this year was better than his location last year. The year before Santa was placed near the store's main entrance, so every kid would stomp on the button to see Santa come to life.

The Santa was impressive. I didn't notice the cost of Santa, but I'm sure it was a lot. Still, with all the--literal--bells and whistles, I think I'd pass on picking up Santa and bringing him home, even if I could afford to do so.

I guess I like my Santa not so visual, and less vocal.



No comments:

Post a Comment