Monday, October 4, 2021

The Difference Of A Simple Filter...


During a break in between shows over the weekend, I snapped a picture of a pyramid of illuminated Jack-O-Lanterns. The display--and others just like it--can be found to the entrance of Lagoon's Frightmares. It's one of the first things patrons see as they enter the park. It looks great in the day, but they look fantastic at night.

I snapped the picture and didn't think much about it. When I looked at the picture again tonight, I noticed more about what I captured. First, one thing I didn't capture in the shot were people...it's the art and background only.

I love that.


I do not have access to sophisticated photo editing software. I don't know what I would do to this particular photo if I did. But, I do have have the basic photo editing options that come with my Mac laptop. I usually don't even use them, but I thought I'd try to do a little magic on this one photo.

The edited photo turned out much better. The darker background brought out the lights from the pumpkins and the Frightmares sign. It made the smoke lingering in the background more impactful, and the overall feel of the shot matches the subject matter. The changes do not overwhelm, but they're subtle. I like that, too.

I should probably take more advantage of the editing tools I have or the ones I could get with a little research. Since I try to capture things I see on a daily basis, most of the time, things don't need to be doctored--at least, in my opinion. This particular photo was not used as my Pic Of The Day...sometimes that happens. But, I like how it turned out by tweaking it just a little bit.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment