Friday, October 8, 2021

The Quarter-Of-A-Million Dollar Car...


 On Twitter a few days ago someone posted a picture of a blue SUV they spotted in Farmington, Utah. A few people commented on the picture...you know, the usual. Then today, as I picked up some supplies before my weekend gig, I spotted the same car.

Okay--I'm not 100% sure it's the same car, but I seriously doubt there are two of these things puttering around central Davis County.

After all, the thing costs a quarter-million dollars.

And it's the cheapest Lamborghini you can buy.

As cars go, I like the color. It was a beautiful blue. If I didn't see the bull logo, I would have never suspected it was a Lamborghini. It looked like many crossover cars out there...the Audis, the Hyundais, the Hondas. Since I know absolutely nothing about the car, I have no way of knowing if this thing is worth the price. I can only hope whomever owns it paid cash. I'm not opposed to someone buying and driving such a vehicle--if they've got it, that is. I can only imagine whomever owns it feels the experience justifies the costs.

I have no doubt it's an incredible machine. I'll bet it rides like you're floating on a cushion as you drive, be it on the highway, or the mountain road. And had I the means, (and by "means" I mean could afford to pay cash for a fleet of them...), I'd probably appreciate all the things a Lamborghini URUS has to offer.

I came out of the store, passed the blue beauty once again, then hopped into my 2010 Subaru Forester (which affectionally call, "Donk"...) and drove away. 

Mine's a SUV, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment