Friday, October 15, 2021

Missed The Deadline...This One Would Have Been Fun


 I had plenty of time to prepare--I even tried conjuring up a few storylines that I think would "wow" those on the committee. But, as I lived my life between August and October 15th, writing a kick-butt story sort of faded into the black.

It never got written, and in a few hours, this particular opportunity will have passed.

I am a little bummed I didn't get a story written. Of course, there's no guarantee my story would have made the cut. I think part of the reason I didn't get a story written is because I wanted it to be extra amazing, one that they couldn't pass up. But, any story would have been better than no story.

I don't wish to give the impression that I didn't have time. I did have FanX and a Halloween part-time gig during the acquisition timeline, but those are not really excuses. Any writer can tell you that "being busy" can't be used as an excuse for not writing. If that were the case, nothing would get written. There's always something that needs doing, something that takes precedence.

I'll look for something else. We live in a an amazing time--someone somewhere is looking for stories, good stories, to include in anthology. Who knows...maybe even those in charge of this one will do it again in the future.

If so, I hope to not pass that one up, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment