Friday, October 1, 2021

Finding Balance...At Bear Lake


 Earlier this week my wife and I decided to go for a drive. Because I'm now working the weekends, on Monday we loaded up the van and headed east. It was a smoky drive, but even so the canyon trees were incredible.

We also had a wonderful time just hanging out at the lake.

Bear Lake is a favorite of ours. My wife's family rented a cabin timeshare years ago and that's where she developed a love for the place. Me...I haven't spent as much time at Bear Lake, but I do love the small town, the resort feel from the small shops, the delightful homes and atmosphere in the valley.

We pulled over and walked along the shore. I was fascinated by the rocks--they're the same rocks that we dug up in mass when putting in our yard. I guess it makes sense. The entire northern part of the state was once under the same giant inland sea.

Someone set up a monument...rocks balancing on each other. I'm sure there's a proper name for just such a structure. If so, I don't know it, nor do I need to know the name to appreciate it.

There's something about large bodies of water that draws humans like a moth to a flame. As it did us. A few people roamed the shoreline dipping their feet into the water. We did not venture that far out.

Yes, it was smoky and you couldn't see very well the other side of the lake, but it was beautiful none the less. Bear Lake, Utah...a place we'd love to visit many times more.

No comments:

Post a Comment