Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Christmas Is Wonderful...But Halloween Is Fun


Last week I walked by a Hyundai with an unusual grill decoration...

Ah, Halloween.

Love it!

On social media, before any major holiday (and I include Halloween as a major holiday even though we don't get time off work for it...), people come out of the woodwork to proclaim, "I love 'blank. 'Blank is my favorite holiday." It's great to get to know others this way. I know I've probably done the same thing.

I do seriously enjoy the days leading up to, and the day of Halloween. It happens to take place during my favorite season of the year (see--I do it, too...). There are several reasons I enjoy the day so much. One of the things that makes the holiday fun for me is just how creative people are when the night of haunting arrives. Sure, we decorate for Christmas, and many get creative for Christmas, but not like Halloween. 

Walking past the car reminded me of this.

Another reason it's fun is because--like Christmas--you get involved as a small child and you look forward to it year after year...can't wait for it to get here. Plus, as you get older, the things you can do changes. Trick-or-treating is replaced by teenager parties, which in turn morph into parties as adults. Then, if you get married and have kids, you can experience the joy they feel when Halloween arrives.

And finally, there's the old, "What are you going to be this Halloween" question.

Hardly anyone asks me what I'm going to be for Christmas...

At least, not anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment