Saturday, October 23, 2021

Hey...That's A Cat In The Sink


 Yes...that's one of our cats sitting in our hall bathroom sink. 

I just don't understand cats.

I don't understand most animals, but I think I understand cats least of all.

We rescued Sam Dean Winchester when he was only weeks old. A family found two abandoned kittens and we took one home. We housed him, fed him, gave him what we believed to be interesting and engaging toys.

And he grew, and grew, and grew. Today he weighs more than fifteen pounds. I say this not to shame him, but to say, he's a big cat. Due to also giving a home to a rescue dog, we cannot allow the dog or the cat to be in the same space at the same time. Cat's behind a gate (I supposed the dog is technically behind a gate, too...). In this way, we find harmony in the home. Sure it's a pain at times keeping them apart, but it's better than the alternative. 

This particular cat does odd things. He waits for us to walk into the room before he'll eat. I'm sure there's an explanation for that behavior, but I don't know what it is. He also likes to "hang out" around our feet whether they're moving or not. Apparently, many cats to this--maybe they're trying to trip us so we'll fall and they can have access to even more food...anything's possible.

The other day I caught the cat in the sink. With his coloring, he almost blends in...

Those blue eyes, though--they give him away every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment