Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Thanks KUTV For Posting My Little Picture...A Picture I Almost Missed


 I work in an eastern-facing office. I've been in this office for almost a year and because I clock in before the sun rises, I get to see many many sunrises. So, during the past year I sometimes get a sense of when a morning might become something special.

I thought this morning might be just such a morning...

Turns out, I was right.

But, I almost missed it.

The thing about sunrises is, they're fleeting. They don't stick around. Sure, you have several minutes of color, but that peak moment of pure brilliance can only last a few seconds, depending on the particular sunrise.

This morning, I saw the clouds as dawn drew near, but then I went to work. And I forgot about the sunrise. I started to organize my day--got into that rhythm that allows me to do the same thing for ten straight hours. I can't believe that while working, I didn't glance slightly to the left and look out the window, because when I finally did, what I saw took my breath away.

It was one of those special displays, one that doesn't come around very often. I snapped some pictures, then I took my phone outside and took a few more. I rarely do this, but I thought the picture good enough to send it into KUTV, one of our local TV stations, and that's what I did. The station posted my little picture on their site. Truth be told, the photo didn't come near doing what I saw this morning justice.

It surprised me that I almost missed the sunrise. Let that be a lesson to me...I should take time to look around more, be more away of the beauty that's there...

Or that's coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment