Sunday, October 3, 2021

Give Thanks...For The Beauty Of The Hills


 For the life of me, I can't remember an autumn with so much color in the mountains. I've lived in Utah almost all my life, and during those years, I've lived near the mountains. Needless to say, I've seen a lot of fall color displays.

This year, though...

It's like it's increased in brilliance. I have many social media friends who are exceptional photographers. The pictures of the fall colors they've posted are so beautiful. Even my non-photographer friends have shared incredible photos of our autumn.

Last week my wife and I took a drive up Logan Canyon on our way to Bear Lake. We saw displays that matched those of my friends. Unfortunately, I was unable to capture--as did my fiends--what we saw. Truthfully, any picture I could have taken wouldn't do what we saw justice. It was just so amazing. The few shots I did get were taken while driving and through a bug-pocked windshield.

I am thankful for where I live, for the four seasons of the mountains, for the ability to pilot a car effortlessly (for us...) up and down a canyon road and see God's canvas. Soon, the leaves will be gone and snow will blanket the mountains in white.

I'm thankful for that beauty, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment