Friday, October 21, 2022

Even If We DO Deserve A Donut...Sometimes We Can't Have One


 Oh, how we wish we could.

My son works in the bakery of our local grocery store. The other day I was waiting for his shift to end and I saw the display.

#YouDeserveADonut

Even if that's true, sometimes we can't have one.

My family has food allergies, some react worse than others. I think it's generally known that I have the fewest reactions of anyone in the family. I have had a doughnut from the bakery and it was good. My family, however, cannot indulge.

Sometimes, at the end of a shift, my son will bring home a pastry, and as an obligation, I'll eat it. I mean, I don't want to disappoint him ;). Our family began restricting certain foods back when our youngest was a child. That was almost two decades ago. All those years, my kids ate almost no Halloween candy, no pastry from the stores, no sugar cereal. The amazing thing is, they don't complain, at least, not much. My kids and wife are troopers.

Yes, I agree--we all deserve a donut...

Too bad we can't all have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment