Sunday, October 16, 2022

Give Thanks...Our Son's Wedding Anniversary Present To Us


When our artist son told us he made a work of art for my wife and my 30th wedding anniversary, he showed us the finished product on a screen. He ordered a print and it arrived last week. On the computer, we were able to zoom in and notice the incredible detail to the painting. Seeing the finished product, brought our appreciation to a whole new level.

I posted a picture of the artwork on social media and told people if they zoomed in, it would blow them away as it did us. I was right--so many people commented on just how awesome it was. Here are some facts about the art:

Each circle represents a member of our family. Six circles - six people. All the circles are connected by two wedding rings. My circle is right of the rings (looking at the picture), my wife's is left. Moving left to right, my daughter's circle is top left, the creator's circle is next. Below left is our oldest child's circle, followed our youngest son's circle.

What my artist son did was fill each circle with items unique to each person. For example, in my circle, there's a Danish flag, a sunset (not a pokeball...) because I love taking pictures of sunsets. There's also a "U" because it's my favorite sports team. There's also ice cream cones because, well...I love ice cream.

The artist son put into his circle many skulls--his online presents is "Skeleton Gadget."

My daughter's circle has a pair of ballroom dancers and an exploding salsa bottle.

The circles are full of so many things, it would take me all day to list them all. It's such an amazing personal gift, we were all overwhelmed at the love found in his artwork.

For our 30th anniversary, my wife and I went out to eat at a local restaurant...no big trips, no huge gifts. But, I'd take the present from my son over any trip or gift we could have given each other...it's simply stunning. Thank you, son. It's perfect.



No comments:

Post a Comment