Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Recalling A Memory From Many Years Ago...


 Social media gets many well-deserved knocks. It can be mean, petty, abusive, slanderous, and at times a terrible place to visit.

Then again, it can bring back wonderful--although bittersweet--memories. This week, for me, it did just that. Back in 2015 I snapped a couple of pictures of Amber, a friend and co-worker. She was ecstatic because she filled in for one of her favorite things--the Hackenslash show. I took those pictures seven years ago today.

Six years ago Sunday, she posted the picture I took on my Facebook timeline. 

Amber passed away December 7 of last year. The memory that showed up this week on my timeline reminded me of the person she was, which brought back memories of her passing, the comments from friends and family at her funeral.

Amber was one of the first people I met after returning to work for Lagoon after an eleven year absence. Hackenslash was something she loved and I hope to always remember how happy she was being filling in. Even though you can't see her face in my photo, we both knew what it meant. Glad I was there to capture the moment. Glad it meant so much to her she reminded me of it a year later...

Glad social media has some good points, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment