Saturday, October 29, 2022

Man...I Miss Harmons

 

We've enjoyed our new home, new neighborhood, new town. The air is clean, the people are friendly almost to a fault, and the pace is slower. It's been a little slice of heaven, but yesterday I had to go to our old grocery store where we used to live because we just couldn't find Horseradish root...

Man, I miss Harmons.

There are, of course, things I don't miss about the store...mostly the prices. We didn't buy everything from there, but there are certain things in that store we couldn't find other places, or if we did, they were much farther away from where we lived.


I found the horseradish root and just looked around, took everything in. It's such a nice place to shop. We have stores in our little town, two grocery stores in fact. They are okay and possess a certain charm. If fact, my son works at one of them. But, they can't justify stocking the things we'd find at Harmons--few stores can. We just don't have the people. It's as simple as that.

There are many things we miss, the people, the mountain, the memories that return when I would walk down a city street or visit the same buildings I visited as a child. We're making new memories now and I suppose that's what life is all about--adapting to change, accepting it, embracing it.

Of course, if Harmons decided to build a store up north, I would not complain.



No comments:

Post a Comment