Saturday, October 1, 2022

Missed One Of My Favorite Programs...The Primary Program


 A week ago, our congregation turned the program over to the children. The children's organization within the church is called Primary. So, last Sunday was the Primary Program. 

It's one of my favorite programs of the year.

Too bad I missed it.

Because of a Halloween gig I'm currently involved in, I am missing church, even though I get to watch part of the broadcast from home. I'll be able to go back after October. They usually do the Primary Program in the fall...just my luck.

So, what is a Primary Program?

Basically, the children in the congregation sing and give short talks--some, only a few words long. If you can't enjoy watching the most precious among us stand in front of parents, friends, and extended family, then, something's wrong.

All our children participated in Primary Programs over the years. They're all long removed from the days when they filled the choir seats and looked at us all the while we looked at them. Memories of watching our own kids came back. I remember one program looking up and seeing not my son's face, but his feet as he was inverted in his chair.

Good times.

Of course, as parents, friends, and extended family, it's fun to watch. For the adults in charge of the program, I'm sure they love it, too, and I'm sure they love having it be over for another year. It's one of the best and most spiritual meetings we have. Glad I was able to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment