Saturday, October 22, 2022

Something EVERY Original VW Beetle Owner Knows...The Smell Of The Engine


 Oh, the memories came flooding back. 

Last week I found myself staring at a 1971 restored VW beetle. It was absolutely beautiful. The thing was fully restored by factory technicians and it was just a joy to see it. I talked to an employee at the business and I told him that if I worked in that building, I would not get anything done because all I would do all day long is sit and stare at that car.

"Oh, go ahead and check it out," he said. "You can even check out the engine."

Done...all I needed was permission.

I opened the deck lid and that smell...that VW air-cooled engine smell hit me. There's nothing quite like it. Something about the smell of an original VW beetle engine is unique, unlike any car I've ever been around.

I blog a lot about VWs. I can't help it. Now that they're even more rare, seeing them is more of a treat. This car, though. It was upper deck special. I'm glad I got to check it out and I'm glad I got to open up the engine compartment and take in that VW beetle smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment