Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Provo's Center Street...So Much To See


 Today, I found myself in Provo, Utah. I'm not a frequent visitor to Utah's second-largest major university city. I've never lived in Provo, or even Utah County. I'm not familiar with much of the city, but I have found myself on Center Street many times.

There's several writing conferences held at the convention center on Center Street. When I go to the conferences, I've checked out stores along the street. I've attended work meetings in an office building on Center Street and we often break for lunch, so I visit businesses along the street at those meetings.

Center Street is varied and diverse--a photographer's dream.

Today, we drove east in the morning and west in the afternoon. I was a passenger in a moving vehicle and I snapped a couple of pictures of what I saw. There's SO much more I could have captured had I been walking or had I been quicker with the shutter (even though there's no shutter on an iPhone...). 

In short, I spotted a temple, a Ferrari, and a giant chicken.

I also spotted, but did not take a picture of the convention center, NuSkin corporate offices, the Provo Covey Center for the Arts, an abandoned gas station, a couple of bars, many many restaurants, and a mortuary. If I return to Center Street tomorrow, I'd probably see the same things, minus the Ferrari.

Provo's Center Street...so much to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment