Friday, October 14, 2022

I'm Not So Much A "Selfie" Guy...


 I'm not so much a selfie guy. It's not that I dislike selfies, per se, but my mind does not go to "I'll take a selfie" when I'm in a situation where many do think, "I'll take a selfie." Then they do.

A few weeks ago, I ran into several friends at FanX, Salt Lake's own comics convention. Thankfully, one of the friends is a selfie person so she snapped a picture of all that were gathered.

I'm glad she did.

This particular selfie brings me a lot of joy. These are theater friends. I've been in shows with them, been cast in shows by them, and spent many many hours together. When you do a show with a person, you share experiences, share art that's relayed to an audience. There's a bond that exists and grows stronger the more shows you do. It's hard to explain fully.

The picture reminds me of those times, the long rehearsals, tech weeks, opening nights, the run, then closing nights.

Like I said, I'm not a selfie guy. Maybe I should try to be. The pictures bring back some wonderful memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment