Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bold Choices...


Bold Choices Take You Where You're Supposed To Be...

If you look carefully in the above picture, there's an F-16 streaking across the cloud-covered sky just right of the glass building. I know it's a bad picture (if you click on the picture and zoom in, you'll see it...). I've tried to take a good picture of those jets as they rip by at several hundred miles an hour. I work next to the air force base and am fortunate enough to see and hear these planes every time I work. It's hard to get a good shot, but I'll keep trying...

My friend organizes an air show in Wendover, Utah--not every year, but almost (info on this year's show can be found: Here). We went a few years back and I watched an F-16 demonstration, the plane originating from the same base as the one you (can barely...) see in the picture. What I saw at that show was amazing. The pilot guided and glided that incredible jet like it was a boat floating over a calm lake.

Tonight, as I watched TV, I saw an advertisement for a popular liquor and the tag line went: Bold Choices Take You Where You're Supposed To Be. I thought of the pilot cruising in the clouds and to him I say, amen.

1 comment:

  1. I don't believe anything in this life worth remembering comes about without a bold choice. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete