Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Lists...


Ever Make A Christmas List?

Sometimes we ask for them. Sometimes they appear on their own. One thing we can be certain of is that they're going to surface at Christmastime.

 

We have four children, teenagers and younger, and they each have their own style. We have one daughter. Her list is not like the others...


My second child is the first to prepare his list. And, based on the items on our youngest child's list, it appears the second child "helped" prepare this sibling's list. Funny how a gift for one can be considered a gift for all... I guess that only applies to certain gifts, and interestingly enough, the items we suspect he helped add to his brother list are gifts that can be shared.


I can't remember a specific Christmas list I gave to my mom, but I'm sure I prepared many (and I'm definitely sure I never asked for a pastry brush...). I probably just took a scrap of paper and jotted down several things. I did not type my list on a computer and print it out on a blank sheet of paper. As I grew up I better understood that just because the name of an item appeared on my list, it didn't mean it would appear under the tree Christmas morning. I hope my children understand this because if they don't understand this now, they soon will...

No comments:

Post a Comment