Friday, December 16, 2011

Ornaments @ Target...


Ever see a large display of Christmas ornaments in a store and just happen to have a point-n-shoot camera in your pocket and begin snapping pictures to the embarrassment of my family and bewilderment of other shoppers? No? You should try it--it's fun! Today that's what I did.

Here's an example of some of the treasures found in in the Seasonal Department at the Target Superstore in Centerville, Utah. I'm sure you'll experience the same wide-eyed wonderment I felt when you gaze upon these ornaments, ornaments that will hopefully one day hang on someone's Christmas tree.

 

We first spotted the Star Wars-themed ornaments. My son spotted Yoda's unique physical trait on one. "Lazy eye have I, yes..."
Of course, no successful ornament marketing campaign can be complete without the addition of Disney's contributions.



There were ornaments based on television shows...
 


And other classic Christmas movies...

Then, of course, there were the weird ones...



 And these speak for themselves (notice the abundance of a certain ornament...).

 


Still, I think my personal favorite crossed religious boundaries. Maybe it's what Christmas is really all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment