Thursday, December 8, 2011

Driving In The Dark...


Dark At Work...


Notice the two pictures of my car. I posted them not to necessarily show you my car, but to show what surrounds the car...darkness. The first picture was taken when I arrived at work this morning and the second picture was taken when I went home tonight. And no, I don't live north of the Arctic Circle.

There's a couple of reasons why it's dark both coming to and going from work. Obviously one reason is the time of year--less sunlight in winter. The other reason deals with my work schedule. I work a 10-hour shift, four days a week. I don't have to do this. It's my choice. I could work five 8-hour shifts, but I'd probably be traveling at least one trip without the aid of sunlight.

Working 10 hours (10 1/2 including lunch...) makes for a long day and entering and leaving the building in the dark seems to make the day even longer...

But, in only a few short months things will change. I'll be arriving early so I can park my car in a spot where the trees will cast a shadow to fall across my car in the afternoon in an effort to cool down the car's interior if only a little bit. Still, I'd rather have the coolness of the winter months than the severe heat of the summer. I guess only seeing the winter sun from inside the building while I'm at work for the next few months is okay after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment