Thursday, December 22, 2011

Yummy (Christmas) Popcorn...


A Christmas Treat

Last week our office had a Christmas party (the link's: Here). As I left I took a recipe, a recipe to a confection that was, in a word...delicious! The creator of this treat called it Yummy Popcorn. I think it will forever be known at the Taylor household as Christmas Popcorn.

When I got home from work today, I was starving. Having huge piles of deliciousness is not good on an empty stomach, but I did it anyway. Needless to say, I've eaten so much of the stuff that I need a break--at least a couple of days...

So, as my gift to you, I'm including the recipe so you can rustle up a batch (or two...) before the big fat man come's a callin.' Here is is:

Christmas Popcorn

3 1/2 bags microwave popped popcorn
1/2 bag of stick pretzels
Mix these together in a large bowl

2 cups brown sugar
2 cups butter (not margarine)
Bring this to boil over medium heat--stir constantly
It will start to thicken but heat to 275˚
Then pour over popcorn and pretzels and toss to coat all the popcorn
Let cool

2 bags white chocolate chips
4 squares white almond bark
Melt on low--stir constantly
Pour over popcorn and stir until all is coated
Spread mixture on cookie sheets lines w/wax paper
Cool, then break apart
1/2 of this recipe will make a good sized batch

Eat and enjoy!


Tonight we followed a long held tradition of sharing our bounty with our neighbors (which include my home teaching families--100% this month!) ;) My son was an enthusiastic helper. This activity helps confirm that Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment