Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The New Calendars Are Here! The New Calendars Are Here!


Most people would not even notice the new wall calendar I have hanging on my cubicle wall, but to me, it's hard to imagine working without the assistance of a Carpenter Paper Company Wall Calendar.

So what's so special about this particular calendar? That's a fair question. Let me explain. For the past 15 years (almost...) I've looked at that same calendar every day I've worked. I worked for 10 years in the same building downtown in Salt Lake City. And for 10 years a co-worker visited the Carpenter Paper Company in North Salt Lake and picked up several dozen calendars and distributed them throughout the 3rd and 4th floors. If you were late, you'd go without. I've since moved from that downtown building, but every year I've had the same calendar. For the last couple of years I've made the trip to the company myself to get my calendar fix. Sometimes you've gotta do what needs to be done.


There's a couple of things I like about the calendar. First, there's a beautiful picture of a Southern Utah landscape--each year a different picture. I've saved all the pictures for the past calendars so that if I ever got an office of my own, I could hang them up. But the main reason I like the calendars is because I can see all the months together at a glance. Many times I need to look at several months at a time and this calendar is perfect.

In a few days, it will be 2012 and according to the Mayans, it will be the last calendar I'll ever need (and the last one Carpenter Paper Company will ever make...).

No comments:

Post a Comment