Thursday, June 14, 2012

Preparing For Ragnar....


Tonight we gathered at Bob's house. Of the 12 people in our group supposedly running tomorrow's race, we were seven. One van we know will have six runners, the other one...we're not sure yet. After we had some great food, we sat around the table and went over some of the details that both teams needed to know to make the Ragnar Wasatch Back Race more successful. There were two of us who had never run the race before. I don't know about the other one, but a lot of what they were saying sounded Greek to me.

Our start time is 5:45 a.m. which means we're going to be meeting at Bob's house tomorrow morning at 3:45 a.m. which means, I'll be waking up a little after 3 a.m. Some of the more experienced runners wondered how we ever got such an early time. Just lucky, I guess...

Tomorrow morning, while most people will be sleeping (that's an inaccurate statement...there are billions of Chinese and Indian citizens who will be awake...), I'll be in a Suburban with five other runners making our way toward the race. I have no idea how it's going to be. The other runners seemed relaxed and excited. I was nervous. Tomorrow, hopefully, I'll be too tired to be nervous. I guess there's nothing to do now but pack and get ready for tomorrow. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Scott, can't wait to read all about it in the blogosphere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe! It really was fun--tough, but fun.

      Delete