Sunday, June 24, 2012

Where Are The Marshmallows?


Missing Marshmallows...

Around lunchtime I was meandering in the kitchen when I came across a half-eaten bowl of cereal one of our kids left over for breakfast. Upon closer inspection I noticed something was missing...the marshmallows.

I wonder if that's what the younger generation is trying to tell us...that they just want the marshmallows. They crave the sugary goodness and avoid the whole grain realities of life. Of course, aren't we all like that?

"For dinner, you're going to eat that cereal along with the rest of your dinner," we told the offender when we sat down for Sunday dinner. "You can't just eat the marshmallows. You've got to eat all of it or we won't be buying it anymore."

"Okay," he said. "So, is making him eat the cereal with dinner his punishment?" a sibling asked. "No," I said. "It's nutrition."

No comments:

Post a Comment