Friday, June 29, 2012

Rico Pollo Restaurant...Good Stuff!


Rico Rollo Restaurant

"Oh, there's a lot of good places to eat--some you've probably never heard of," Kent said as he and I talked at girls' camp a week ago tonight. The dutch oven cobber he was making took a little longer to set. "There's a place in Bountiful--where that little Mexican restaurant that went under was. You know, by the Office Max. It's a Peruvian place and they have good chicken."


"So, where do you want to go eat," I asked my wife tonight as we went out for date night. "I don't know," she said as we pushed the car from our small town to the larger hamlet to the south. "Hey, Kent said he ate at a Peruvian restaurant that took over the great little Mexican place that was by the Office Max in Bountiful. He said they had really good chicken." 

 

"Sure," she said as my little Japanese import with the Pontiac nameplate on it remained a steady 71 m.p.h. on I-15 heading south. "Let's try it out."

 

We pulled up and entered, doubling the people in the front of the restaurant. The waiter/owner approached and through his limited English helped us choose dinner. The result? Rico Pollo. The chicken was tender, moist, and delicious. The salad and fries complimented the chicken excellently. All in all, a wonderful meal. As my wife and I left the restaurant she said, "We'll be back."


No comments:

Post a Comment