Friday, July 26, 2013

Steaming And Festing...


I've been to a couple of conferences in my life, mostly writing conferences. And at those conferences, occasionally people would dress up--come in character. Today I attended a steampunk conference and I thought a few people might dress up. I left my house with this assumption. Little did I know how wrong I was.


It was Day One of the Salt City Steamfest Convention and almost everyone came in character. I saw so many incredibly imaginative things--it was a feast for the eyes.


I also got to meet for the first time, marketing manager for our publisher, Xchyler, Scott Talbert, another Mechanized Masterpieces author, and senior editor for Xchyler Publishers, McKenna Gardner. Great people representing a fantastic company!


We staffed the table and sold several copies of our book. I hope they read it. I also got to sign several copies of the book--a surreal experience, I must say. Here is just a small portion of the things I saw today.













Day One is done--bring on Day Two!

No comments:

Post a Comment