Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Leftie Desk--Kind Of Freakish...


I saw something tonight I had not seen before--a left-handed desk. Being left-handed, I notice these things, and I've noticed them for as long as I can remember.

The first thing I think everyone notices that are different for left-handed people are the scissors. Yes, I think we can all recall in grade school when they gave everyone scissors, there were those extra pair with the thick green plastic handles. They practically screamed, "FREAK!"

Maybe that's why I learned to cut paper and other cut-able things with the "normal" scissors. I trained my hand to apply pressure with my left hand that makes the right-handed scissors work. It's normal for me now to use any pair of scissors with my left hand.

I say all this because I went to college for four (okay, five...) years for my first degree and just over two years for my masters. Never in all those years did I see a left-handed desk. But come to think of it, I might not have chosen to sit in those desks--don't want to be considered a freak, or anything, if I chose to sit in the freak chair. However, anyone who watches me write with pen or pencil or paper, they KNOW I'm a freak...

No comments:

Post a Comment