Friday, July 5, 2013

The Works Of Fire...


In the last 48 hours I've taken almost 200 pictures and videos of fireworks. From huge balls of fire in the sky to sparklers on a neighborhood street...I tried to catch as many images as I could.


Most of the shorts I took didn't work out--I'm still learning about my camera and the long exposures opened me up for a shaky shot--but some pictures turned out better than I expected.


Last night we sat among thousands of others and watched the explosions from the grounds of Dear Ol' Davis High School. Few things compare to being right under the bursts and actually feeling the boom in your chest when the bombs go off.


Tonight was a different story. Our good friends, the Beans, invited us over for food, fun, and fireworks. We did the same thing last year. We think they felt bad and invited us to watch their fireworks display on their street because we couldn't light fireworks on our street due to restrictions. We live too close to undeveloped mountain property.


They bought a boat-load of fireworks and we lit them all. Whether they're huge, or small, loud or quiet, you just gotta love seeing chemicals and heat ignite to produce visual and audio magic. And with good friends and family by our side, it's even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment