Monday, July 15, 2013

Zucchinis...In Church?


Yesterday while getting a drink of water between church meetings, I saw a bag full of zucchinis. It was just sitting there. It's not often I see bags of produce sitting in a place of worship, especially on Sunday, but, to quote Dr. Ian Malcolm, "Well...there it is."

I've visited very few buildings of other religions, and attended even fewer of their services. I went to a Catholic mass in Denmark, and sang in a mass service at St. Peters Basilica at Vatican City (that was very cool, by the way...). I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't know of a lot of other customs when it comes to different religions.

So I'm not sure if people bring produce to their churches. I do know in our church there's a joke, especially around here, and that is: Why do Mormons lock their cars during church services? And the answer:

To stop members from filling their cars with zucchinis.

I thought of that on Sunday. I guess all the cars in the parking lot were locked.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I love zucchinni. Especially zucchinni bread. Maybe I should try leaving my window down at church--just to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete