Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Two Stairwells, Same Number Of Floors, Different Number Of Steps...


I'm sure I have a condition that a professional could diagnose. I count steps as I go up them. Not every time do I count steps, but sometimes. 

Where I work, we have two stairwells in my building, one on the north side, and one on the south and for years I've had an issue with these sets of stairs. They aren't the same. The staircase on the north side of the building has two extra steps and I can't figure out how that's happened.


From what I can tell, the steps are uniform in their size and height in both stairwells. Also, I have not detected a slant on the main floor of the building. It may be there, but I don't think it is.

So, with no slant and equal-sized stairs, how can one staircase have 124 stairs to reach the 6th floor, and the other have 126? I'm sure someone out there knows the answer, but that someone is not me.

1 comment:

  1. Is your building on a hill or a slight incline? How strange that you have two extra steps.

    ReplyDelete