Saturday, July 6, 2013

Seems Like Old Times Watching Seems Like Old Times...

chevy-chase-photo*

For date night we picked up delicious shredded beef burritos and came home. The Mrs. had some work to do and I should really be writing. Instead I picked up the remote and did a little channel surfing. It was then I found a classic, Neil Simon's Seems Like Old Times

Growing up my posse favored a couple of movies. This was the early age of being actually able to record a show and so we would watch certain shows over and over again. One of these shows was this Chevy Chase, Goldie Hawn film.

Just watching it again takes me back to my high school years. You may not know this, but there are SO many quotable lines in this film. We would quote these lines over and over again whenever the situation called for the perfect line, and even when it was uncalled for. Here are a few of my favorites:

"Stale! Don't you ever change your candy?" 

"She's not in the kitchen eating chicken, that's for sure." 

"No sir, I came late." 

"I do that, because I'm the governor." 

"Didn't like the chicken, huh?" 

"I always find it best to stay out of family quarrels."

And many, many more.

It's not as slapstick as another favorite from my youth, What's Up Doc, but it's stood the test of time. If you get a chance, check it out. And if you watch it over and over again, you'll be quoting it, too.

* Photo used without permission from: http://www.movieactors.com/actors/chevychase.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment