Monday, July 8, 2013

We're Losing A Tree...


While walking the dog tonight I happened to glance over at one of the trees in our yard. I thought it looked a bit off-kilter. I came closer and saw that we're about to lose our tree. It's hard to see it from these pictures, but the tree is falling over, broken near the base.

We moved into our house 10 years ago this month. That year we bought a couple of trees and planted them around the yard. This tree was one of our originals. My wife said she thought she's seen it bending in the past, but it's not been this bad.

Yesterday we had a storm blow through--lots of rain and wind. I think the storm pushed the tree past the point where it can be saved. Looks like it's just a matter of time now.

I feel bad for the tree, but on a serious note, we live in an area famous for the wind storms and if the tree isn't able to handle a storm like the one we got yesterday, it's probably best it comes down now.

No comments:

Post a Comment